I’ve highlighted the awesome work Undress Brisbane do to challenge how we think about our clothing purchases and ask ourselves, ‘where do our clothes come from’? Their next project involves teaming up with the Valley Fiesta to host a ‘Swap Shoppe‘, where attendees can bring 1 – 5 pieces of quality clothing to swap for pre-loved or vintage garments from the closets of fellow fashionistas, reducing waste and breathing new life into unwanted items.
What could be better than getting new clothes for free and reducing waste while supporting local music? It’s win, win! Now it’s time to go through your wardrobe and locate items to swap with fellow fashion and environmentally conscious ladies on Saturday the 23rd of August.
How does it work?
- With each item, please bring a clothes hanger.
- ‘Check in’ your clothes in between 10am and 12pm.
- When you ‘check-in’ your clothes, you will be given shopping tokens to swap for other garments when the shop opens at 12pm.
- When you ‘check out’ of the event you will hand in your tokens and show the clothes you have taken.
- You can bring anywhere from 1 – 5 items to swap.
- Underwear/lingerie, nightwear/pyjamas and swimwear will not be accepted.
- Garments will only be accepted if they are clean, undamaged and unsoiled.
- If you bring 5 items but don’t find 5 items to take home grab a few garments for a friend as your garments may not still be available to take home which is the nature of this event.
- Bring a bag to put your newly found treasures in to take home.
- If there are any garments left at the end of the event they will be donated to Vinnies and Lifeline.
All images courtesy of the Valley Fiesta / Undress Brisbane.